It’s just incredible that a coach lasted this long being a head coach with a record of 3-36-1. Think about how bad that is. Jim Caldwell got ran out of town after back to back 9-7 seasons. Some people think Matt Patricia is a bust and he already has as many wins that Hue had.
Here’s the list of the top 5 candidates to replace Hue:
1) Lincoln Riley- can you imagine the hype around the Browns if Lincoln came to the pros to coach Baker again. That would be awesome.
2) Urban Meyer- this is a legit long shot but things seem hot in Columbus and he wouldn’t have to move the family if he just switched to Cleveland.
3) Jeff Fisher- he will go get you 7-8 wins every season. No worse, no better.
4) Matt Cambell (Iowa State)- Matt is rushing up the coaching ranks since he has got involved. Took over Toledo and coach some big time NFL players there and is slowly turning Iowa State around. He’s about to turn 40 next month and that’s the new gold in the NFL coaching ranks.
5) Jim Harbaugh- this won’t happen but everybody and their brother will say Jim Harbaugh will think about leaving Michigan to go back to the pros. Just wanted to be the very first blog to report that Harbaugh to the Browns!